3/5/11

3/4/2011

Family and Friends! How´s everyone doing over there? I´m hardly having a preparation day today, so this e-mail might not make a ton of sense because I´m thinking about a lot of things right now. Today we got a new missionary in, his name is Elder Hastings. He seems really good. You can probably look on the mission blog and see him and us there. We went down to the train station to pick him up. I had one of the most nerve-racking times of my mission today, because I had to drive. It was my first time driving with the Hinckleys, so it was super scary. Driving in Barcelona is very different from driving in the U.S. It´s good though. I had to drive a big van too because we had me, Elder Keller, the Browns (a senior couple), the new missionary, and the Hinckleys. It was crazy. We all made it alive though, so that´s good. So this past week we did intercambios. It went really well. I was here in Barcelona with Elder Bajaña. He´s from Ecuador. Elder Keller went up to be with Elder Bajaña´s compaion, Elder Awerkamp, in Bilbao. It´s an hour and a little bit flight. So we did that Tuesday, then on Thursday morning Elder Bajaña and I flew out there, then I was in the airport for an hour to get with Elder Keller again, then I flew right back. It was good. It was a day just full of traveling though. So I´m pretty tired, as always, but that´s good.

Alright, so let´s see what else is new. We still don´t have any investigators with a baptismal date, but we´re going to have some really soon. Just the other day we were going to have a visit with an investigator that has a baptismal date that some other missionaries visited and set the date. Her name´s Adriana, but she lives in our area, so now we´re going to start teaching her. She´ll be baptized here the 26th of March, so that´s good. I´m excited.

Okay, also this past week we had Concilio. It was really good. It was a very spiritual meeting. Concilio is when the Hinckleys, us, and all the zone leaders get together and we have a meeting. We usually have breakfast together and then we have a meeting/instruction/discussion until 2:00-ish, then we have lunch, then we have about an hour left. We watched the video that Elder Keller and I made, that mom said she watched on the blog. I like it a lot. This movie turned out really well. That´s the second one that Elder Keller and I have made. We made it on Hermana Hinckleys mac, because apple has better video editing stuff.

Also, this past week has been a week full of miracles. We´ve had several people that will just call us that we gave them a pass-along card, but they were getting off the bus/metro, so we didn´t have time to get their info, and they´ll text of call us just wanting to give us their information so we can pass by them. It´s incredible. We´re in a time of miracles.

We have several people that are really close to being baptized. We have Jean Pierre (Isabel´s, a recent convert, son), Christian, Sabrina, Gina, and many other people that we just met this past week that are really promising. We´ve noticed that when we contact someone and we´re just super happy, that they´ll usually catch some of that and they become friendly and give us their information and end up wanting to learn more. It´s great.

Okay, well, I can´t think of much else to say. A lot more has happened, but there´s other missionaries here now so it´s hard to focus. Actually Elder Parry´s here, the missionary I trained, so it´s fun to see him again. His companion, Elder Anstenson, is going to train the new missionary, so Elder Parry´s being transferred out to Mataró. He´ll get out there just in time for three baptisms that will be his recent converts, so that´s fun. Well, I can´t think of much else to say, so I´m going to wrap this up. Have a great week. ¡Chao!

-Elder Ryan Sommerfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment