10/13/10

10/4/2010

Family and Friends! How´s everyone doing? Things are going pretty good here. Dana is still progressing, but we had to move her baptism back one week because she´s with her mom one week and with her dad the next, so we figured out she´ll be with her dad the week of the 9th, but she has a date for the 16th and is doing really well with that. The family home evening with the president´s family went really well last week. So that´s good. We played a really funny game after too. You pack a cup with flour, then turn it upside down, then you put a coin on it. Everyone takes turns cutting a slice off the flour and the person that makes it fall when they cut it has to get the coin out and in their teeth without using their hands, so they get flour all over their face. It was fun.

Okay, so I can finally send a few pictures. My last card isn´t working great, so these are only the more recent pictures. The first one is of Elder Jacinto and I wearing Elder Bennington´s sunglasses being weird. The next one is of Elder Jacinto, Elder Bennington, and I walking down a strett on Preparation Day and we had the other Elders take a picture of us. Next is of me down town a bit and you can see a bit of the city behind me. The next one is of me with the cathedral behind me. I´m close to the camera and the cathedral´s far away. It´s huge though. The last one is of me, Elder Jacinto, and Elder Bennington in front of the cathedral on some stairs there. So yeah. Now you can see some pictures again. I hope you liked them. I don´t know when I´ll get the DVD made with my pictures from the other card, but hopefully someday.

Okay, moving on. By the way, I started writing with paragraphs to make my e-mails easier to read, due to the fact that one of you (you know who you are) suggested it. Anyways, so this past week was good. We had a cita with that guy named Augusto, that we contacted last week, on Tuesday. It went really good. We had another one on Wednesday and set a baptismal date with him for the 23 of October. So that was good. Then on Thursday right before going to Barcelona we visited with this girl named Paula. She´s 14, daughter of a less active, sister of a recent convert. She even went to EFY this past summer. Anyways, we finally got her to accept a baptismal date, now we just need to help her be ready and feel ready by the 23 of October too.

After that Elder Jacinto and I went to Barcelona and Elder Bennington stayed with Elder Cannell and Elder Henrie (the other missionaries in Palma). Concilio was good. We set a goal of 400 baptisms for the year. We´re at 252 right now, so we need about 50 each month the rest of the year. It´s going to be a lot of work, but it´s possible. You can keep that goal in your prayers. We got to eat pancakes for breakfast with the Hinckleys, and enchiladas for lunch with them. So that was a lot of fun.

Anyways, we came back Friday night. Saturday was a pretty good day. We had a cita with Leticia and she stayed for conference. She was super good. She made all sorts of comments to me during conference asking if she could choose her baptizes her, and if one of us could baptize her, etc. So we´ll have to work with her a lot too. Conference on Sunday was crazy. The satelite was broken and we weren´t able to watch conference that way, but we hooked it up to the internet. I´m just going to copy this from the President´s Letter. Here it is :

We had a really neat experience this past weekend with the power of prayer. So apparently the satelite broke in our capilla. So in the end we had to watch everything on Saturday through the internet hooked up to the projector. Anyways, we got there on Sunday to watch the Priesthood session and the internet was no longer working. They tried, but never got it fixed, so we weren´t able to see the Priesthood Session. Then it got closer to 2:00 to watch the Saturday afternoon session and the internet didn´t work. I was way surprised because the District President started sending everyone home saying we´d watch the conference the first week in November instead. All of us missionaries were really upset. We had investigators coming and we didn´t want to just completely cancel General Conference for the Balearic Islands. So we all went into a room and prayed. After the prayer we went and looked at everything and within a few minutes it was all fixed. We also prayed after it was all working to thank God for the miracle. It really was a miracle. We had to watch most of it in Spanish, so I didn´t get as much out of it as I would have liked to, but it was really neat to see just how powerful prayer is.

It was a really cool. Well, that´s most of it. I´m running really short on time now, so I need to wrap this up so I can get some individual letters written. It´s been a great week though. Things are going really well, every companionship in our zone has at least two investigators with baptismal dates now too. Well, I can´t htink of much else to say, and due to being short on time I´m going to end this. Next week is transfers, but I´m almost certain we´ll both be staying here another transfer just from a comment the Hinckleys made, but we´ll see. I´ll write on Tuesday next week though. Anyways, I hope you all have a great week. Until next week. ¡Chao!

-Elder Ryan Sommerfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment