7/6/10

7/5/2010

Family and Friends! HOw´s everyone doing? So first things first I think is that Elder Parry is no longer my companion. We got a call Monday night at 10:03 by President Hinckley telling us that he wanted Elder Parry to go up to Barcelona the next day to start training to be the secretary to the president. Long story short, we finally got to bed at 2:30 after packing all his stuff, then we had to wake up at 4:30 to catch the train that left at 6:06. I came back and we arrived back in Castellón around 1:30 p.m. with my new companion Elder Estrada. I was super tired. I traveled for like 6 hours, and I only got like 2 hours of sleep. I´m doing better now though. It´s sad that Elder Parry had to leave. He was a good companion and I¨ll miss him, but Elder Estrada´s also good. He started the mission at the same time as Elder Parry, but his parents are both from Guatamala, and he lived there between the ages 2 and 8, so he speaks Spanish perfectly, and English perfectly. So we´ll see if I can improve my Spanish more now. Well, I´m going to attach some pictures now. The first one is of me and my new companion Elder Estrada, we took it this morning right before coming here. The next one is of Elder Parry and I at Valeria´s house, a member we ran and said bye too Monday night after we got the call. The next is of me, Valeria, Elder Parry, Guadalupe, and Armando. The last picture is of Roxanna, Armando, and Elder Parry. I hope you enjoy the pictures. So yeah. Things have been a bit different here getting adjusted to a new companion and all, but things are going well. We´re still going good with Alex, he´ll be baptized this Saturday at 7:00 p.m. It should go really well. WE also set a baptismal date with his sister, Adina for the 24th of July, so hopefully that goes well too. So the worse thing that happened this past week was probably on Tuesday. On Tuesday is when we switched companions. We got back in at 1:30, ate lunch, then we went out to work for the afternoon. WE had 5 citas lined up and every single one of them fired on us. We ended up being able to visit Charo, a recent convert, but she was the only one. I felt bad because it was the first day for Elder Estrada and all, but the rest of the week went well. I feel bad for him too because he left with 7 baptismal fechas in Lleida where he was. We´re at 4 now though, so it´s not bad. We have Alex for this Saturday, then for the 24th we have his sister Adina, a lady named Elena, and a girl named Josi. Alex and Adina are both from Romania, but have lived here for like 7 years now. Alex is 14 and Adina is 13. We´ll still working with the parents and getting them baptized. Elena is also from Romania. She´s probably about 40 years old or so, maybe like 38. THen we have Josi, I´m guessing she´s 25-28 years old. Josi´s from Brasil. So those are our people with fechas now. We also had Kenny, but on Saturday he told us he didn´t want to be baptized on the tenth, so that was lame. We´re still working with him though to hopefully help him get baptized here soon. This past week we got 3 new investigators named Fany, Alejandra, and Juan Diego. Fany and Alejandra are friends of Roxanna (a member). WE´ve just visited with them once. THen we have Juan Diego. Juan Diego is Charo´s son (Charo´s a recent convert). Missionaries have never been able to teach him before. He´s way friendly, but he just doesn´t want anything to do with religion basically. Anyways, we went there and asked if Charo was there, he said no, so then we asked if we could talk to him, he said he was about to leave, so we said, what about just 5 minutes, and he agreed. So we talked about how The Book of Mormon answers the questions of the soul. WE read through some questions that Preach My Gospel lists and one of them he said that´s a question I have. So we left him with a chapter to read from the Book of Mormon and he´s going to read it. We´ll have our second cita with him tonight. We´re going a little slower with him, but I´m excited about working with him. This past week we also did something different. We made a paper that had the scriptures Mosiah 27:14 and Alma 6:6 on it. Then we put the names of all of our investigators with baptismal dates on it. WE handed them out to people in Elder´s Quorum and in Relief Society and asked all the members to pray for all the people on the list by name every day. So that should help a lot. We also taught our class "Cada Miembro Un Misionero" and it went well again. WE taught the Plan of Salvation. We´re trying to help the members here know all of the missionary lessons so they can help their friends and help us in the misisonary work. All of you should learn all of them too. YOu should hear "The Restoration" and know what the eight points are that Preach My Gospel talks about with that. If the missionaries and the members are more unified that the missionary work goes a lot better. Well, those are some updates from here in Castellón. Barcelona was fun for the hour I was in the train station. We actually met a guy wearing a BYU hat who was there with his family, and he served in the Barcelona mission about 17 years ago or so. So that was kind of fun. Oh, so another thing that´s happening this week. I´m going to be Elder Parry´s companion again for one day! He has to come down here to do finger prints for his residency card, and Elder Estrada has to go up to Lleida to do his, so they´re going to switch for a day and Elder Parry and I will be together another day. That should be pretty fun. Well, I can´t think of much more to say. I guess I´ll end this and write the individuals. I hope you all have fantastic weeks though. ¡Chao!

-Elder Ryan Sommerfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment