4/6/10

3/29/2010

Family and friends! How´s everyone doing this week? Things are going fairly well down here in Castellón. I´m still getting adjusted to it and all, but it´s not too bad. Okay, so first off, some information about last Tuesday when I was transferred. I had to travel by myself from the office to Castellón. It was crazy too, because I literall left the office all by myself. It was the same day a ton of new missionaries had come in, and they had to take other missionaries to the airport, so I was left to leave the office, take a bus to the train station, get on the train, then go down to Castellón where I´d meet my compaion at the station. So I leave and as I´m walking to the bus stop I see the bus I need pulling out, so I missed it. I went and looked at the schedule and noticed it only passed every half hour or so and I had to be there in 45 minutes or so. It´s about a 25-30 minute ride. So at first I thought I´d end up missing my train and it´d be a huge hassle and all, but then I thought, what if I just take a taxi. So I flagged down a taxi that took my right to the train station. It was actually nicer that way because I didn´t have to worry about my luggage, the driver took care of all of it. The only bad part is that it cost 10,50 €. But that´s alright I guess. At least I didn´t miss my train and I got here to Castellón on time and all. Let´s see, so I got here on Tuesday, and on Friday we had a baptism. His name´s Edgar. Elder Hancock baptized him, and I confirmed him on Sunday. So that was fun. He´s seems like he´s doing really well. So that´s good. We spent this week visiting a lot of less actives and recent converts, so we´ll have to keep that up, but up it up a bit on investigators. So yeah. Oh, Elder Hancock is from Ogden, Utah, and he´s been in the mission for a year and 7 months about. The baptismal font here is just like the one in Vilafranca, so we had to spend quite a bit of time setting that up and filling it up. The ward´s pretty good. It´s a smaller ward, about 80 people that attend each week, but it´s pretty good. We´ll have to see what we can do to make it even better though. This past week we finished with something and had about half an hour left. We were at the church so I went and told the bishop that we had half an hour left in the day and asked if there was anyone he would like us to visit. I felt kind of bad because right after I said it the bishop looked at Elder Hancock and said, this is how it should be, learn from this Elder Hancock. More or less. IT was kind of funny though. Especially because we were with the zone leader and we were deciding what to do and the zone leader gave the idea of asking the bishop, I just happened to be the one that did it. Anyways, overall things are great here. We eat with members every day for lunch, so that´s nice, and not nice at the same time. We ate fish this past week, and it was not good... That´s okay though, I just hope that we don´t have to eat it too much here. Also, one day I had to eat a plate FULL of strawberries, and I´m not a fan of strawberries at all, but it was alright. Oh, another thing that´s interesting about Elder Hancock is that he has diabetes. He figured out on the mission about a year ago. So he always has to check his blood sugar and four times throughout the day he has to give himself injections of insulin. So that´s that. Well, I can´t think of much else that´s new. I don´t think I´ll be able to send pictures home from this area as often, the computers aren´t as nice here as they were where we did it in Barç. That´s okay though I guess. Well, I can´t think of much else that´s new, but have a great week and I´ll talk to you all next week.
-Elder Sommerfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment