2/18/11

2/15/2011

Family and Friends! How´s everyone doing? Things are going great here in Barcelona. I guess the big news is that Alberto was able to get baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He got baptized on my birthday, February 12th. So that was a lot of fun. I don´t have a ton to say since the last time, since my last preparation day was on Friday, but that´s okay. On my birthday though we had a normal day for the most part. We did go out to eat though. We were going to go to a place called Freeway which is an Argentine meat buffet, but because it was Saturday it was way expensive, so we went to this other place and got some take-out food. We got pizza and some other meal thing. It was good, and fairly expensive. So that was fun. Later, we got ready for the baptism and had a couple visits, then at 7:00 we had the baptism. President and Hermana Hinckley were able to come too, so that was nice of them. They actually invited Elder Keller and I over for lunch Sunday after church to celebrate my birthday. It was a really quick lunch because they had to leave for Bilbao Sunday afternoon, but it was still good. It was good too, because it also gave us time to talk about a few things we needed to talk about in the mission before transfers get made this week. Just so you all know, transfers are this week, but I won´t be leaving. I´ll probably finish my mission here in Barcelona. That could change, but I´m pretty sure it won´t.
Anyways, so with Alberto´s baptism, a Young single adult named Cesar baptized him. Then on Sunday he was able to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and the Priesthood. So he´s doing really well. I gave him a pair of my suit pants and one of my white shirts and I´m going to give him my suit when we don´t have to wear suits anymore. It´s not in terrible condition, but it´s falling apart a bit. So I figure I wasn´t going to bring it home, so I´ll just leave it with him. He was super excited at his baptism too. The other elders told us when he and Cesar walked out of the font that Cesar was bauling and Alberto was just beaming and smiling so much. So that was good. His mom came too. We´re trying to get the whole family baptized, but it´s been a bit difficult to be able to visit with his family. We´re hopefully going to visit with him and his sister this Thursday, so we´ll see how that goes.
We also have an investigator named Christian that´s doing well, so that´s good. He just doesn´t know if he should get baptized now, or wait until he goes back to Colombia. We´re going to fast with him this week so he can figure out what he should do. We also have another girl we´re teaching named Sabrina that´s nine years old, and we just need her dad to give permission. He basically has given permission for her to be baptized, we just need it to be more firm. So hopefully both of them can be baptized here within in couple weeks.
Well, I can´t think of much else that´s new to say. Everything´s going well. Sorry this e-mail is shorter than normal.
I´m going to attach a few pictures though. The first is of me in Bilbao a few weeks ago in front of a massive dog statue made of flowers. Next is me on my birthday with presents I´d just opened. Next is me, Cesar, Alberto, Ana María (Alberto´s mom), and Elder Keller. Next is Me, Alberto, and Elder Keller. Next is last night at a FHE, Gladys, Isabel (one of our recent converts), Elder Southwick (the missionary I replaced, he had to come back for a day to have a medical checkup), Jaime, Elder Keller, me, and Archie and Coral on the front row. So there´s some pictures. Sorry I haven´t sent home pictures for so long. Well, I´m running out of time now, but have fantastic weeks. I´ll write more next week. ¡Chao!

-Elder Ryan Sommerfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment