5/18/10

5/17/10

Family and Friends! How´s everyone doing back in Utah, and every other part of the world wherever you are reading this? Things are going great for me here in Castellón. This past week has been hard, but it´s been good too, so that´s good. It´s hard because I get a bit more stressed out than before being the senior companion, I just feel like I have to do more, but it´s good. I´m still adjusting. Anyways, it´s also been hard because we lost Jaime and Adriana´s baptismal dates... That´s alright though, I guess. We´ll just have to work and see if we can help them get baptized here soon. They didn´t come to church, and they both have smoking problems, so yeah. We´ll see what we can do though. We are going really good though with Jairo´s baptism for this next Saturday. WE have the interview all set up for Thursday, the baptism will be at 5 on Saturday, we announced it in Church, and Jairo even has told a few people about his baptism, so that´s way good. Let´s see what else is new. Edith, Paul, Geraldine, and that group are all doing well still. We´re going to invite Edith to be baptized with Jairo this Saturday, but I don´t know if she´ll accept. She told us a while ago that she wants it to be something she chooses to do, so I think what we might do is tell her that the guy that does the interviews will be out here on Thursday, and so if she wants to to let us know before then. We´ll see how it goes. We were able to have 26 lessons this past week, so that was pretty good. We did good in everything this past week, except we didn´t get any new investigators this week... Yesterday though we got a ton of addresses and phone numbers of people that this next week will hopefully convert into new investigators to make up for this past week. This week we also had intercambios. It was the first intercambios for Elder Parry. He was a little nervous before, but he said it went well. It went well for Elder Hardcastle and I too here in Castellón. He gave me advice with training, and basically just told me to give Elder Parry more things to do, that will make it easier for me, and it will help Elder Parry learn faster. So I´ve been doing that. Elder Parry now has the map, when we´re passing by people, I have him direct us. It´ll help him get the hang of things faster. He´s doing really well though. Last night we even did splits, so he was with Armando, and had to teach basically by himself. It went well. I was with another member named Eliseo. WE had 2 family home evenings at the same time. So yeah. So yeah, that´s my week. I´m trying to think of what else is new. Oh, pictures. I almost forgot. I´m going to add some pictures. So the first picture is of me in front of some building that I think is famous here. I took it last week. There´s a chance I send some repeats too, just so you know, so sorry if that happens. THe second picture is of me in front of the Barcelona bus a couple weeks ago. Barcelona played VilaReal, a Pueblo close to Castellón, so they stayed in a hotel here in Barcelona, and we happened to walk by the bus, so we took a picture. The third is of Elder Parry and I pointing to Castellón on the map in PResiden´t office from a couple weeks ago. The last one is of a park called Parque Ribalta, it´s the big park here in Castellón. So yeah. I hope you enjoy those. If anyone wants to see them, just ask mom and dad for them. Well, let´s see, what else can I say. Things are going great. I´ll take pictures of the baptism with Jairo this Saturday so you can see that, and hopefully we get Julian or Edith that get´s baptized as well the same day. We´ll just have to wait and see though. Anyways, I´m running out of time now, so I´m going to go. Have a great week.-Elder Sommerfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment