7/1/09

Hello everyone, how are you guys doing? It's my first P-day,so I can finally email. I only have a short amount of time, and I'm doing laundry at the same time, so it may not be too long. I'll write as long as I can though. Mom and dad, if you can forward this to Jen so she can put it up on facebook and my blog if I have one already that'd be great. Thanks. Anyways, my first day here was a little weird. They changed where I was. I was originally scheduled to be in beginner spanish, but they tested my spanish and I'll be in intermediate spanish. I'm not in advanced. Advanced spanish speakers are already fluent. They don't learn anything with the language at the MTC, just how to teach. They're also only in the MTC for 3 weeks total. Intermediate, what I am, does the language, but ahead a bit. It's good. So I got put into a 3-some companionship. It's really good though. We all have fun. Each day we have two classes with instructors. They're each several hours long. My companion just came up to me and said there's a new guy coming in tomorrow. They're going to put him with our companionship and split us up into two companionships. So that's kind of cool I guess. I wonder who they'll put with the new guy. Hopefully he's cool. He gets here tomorrow. So we'll find out then. Anyways, we have to classes, then we have a few hours of personal study, companion study, and language study every day. It's pretty fun. I got us to start playing games to memorize some of the vocab. words, and that's been a lot of fun. Life is good here though. I can't think of much else to say. I play sand volleyball almost every day and it's a ton of fun. Elder Holland, not Thomas S. Monson spoke at the devotional on Friday. It was really good. He said to all of us, "Welcome to the work of angels." It was really cool. I liked it a lot. I can't think of much else to say, but yeah. Oh, Jen, I forgot to say in your letter, thanks for the little book thing. I've used it a ton already for taking notes and such. I've also used the quote/scripture book a lot too. Well, just a note for everyone, you can write me as often as you want. I can read letters every evening. I can only write back on Tuesdays. Anyways, I'm going to send this now. I hope everything's going well for everyone back there, and know that I am enjoying my mission and I know this is where I'm supposed to be. I'll talk to you later.
-Elder Ryan Sommerfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment